Concept

The Industrial Minefinder™ Junior Index (IMJI™) is an index that tracks junior mining companies engaged in the exploration and development of industrial metals. 


Composition

The IMJI™ will initially target 72% of its holdings towards juniors focused on the primary base metals — copper, zinc, nickel, and lead. The remaining 28% of holdings will target juniors focused on other major industrial metals, such as aluminum, iron, silver, lithium, manganese, molybdenum, platinum group metals, scandium, tin, titanium, uranium, and vanadium. 

The following chart shows the initial constituent categories of the IMJI™:

These categories will be periodically reviewed and adjusted in the future to reflect ongoing market dynamics. Please note the following concerning these categories:

  • Though each one is relatively small, silver, lithium, platinum group metals, and uranium will initially have their own designated categories. This reflects the fact that each of these metals has a significant group of active junior miners and are a common focus of resource investors.
  • Although the markets for aluminum and iron are both about the size of the copper market, these do not have their own designated categories because they tend to be dominated by a few very large producers and there is less of a junior market. 

The IMJI™ will not be an index that holds every single junior miner involved in industrial metals, but rather will focus on a more select group of companies that are engaged in developing quality deposits across the spectrum of industrial metals. Preference will generally be given to companies with:

  • established 43-101 or JORC Resources
  • larger market capitalizations 

This will help ensure that the index:

  • reflects actual deposits of industrial metals that reflect potential development opportunites
  • represents a more liquid set of potential opportunities for investors looking to gain exposure to the sector

I am envisioning the full set of IMJI™ holdings will include about 50 companies


Holdings

Copper Subsector (36% of overall IMJI™)

Initial holdings as of January 2, 2018:

  1. Ivanhoe Mines                          43%
  2. Solgold Plc                                11%
  3. Northern Dynasty Minerals      10%
  4. Polymet Mining                        6%
  5. Nevada Copper                         4%
  6. Excelsior Mining                       3%
  7. NGEx Resources                       3%
  8. Filo Mining                               2%
  9. Aeon Metals                              2%
  10. Trilogy Metals                           2%
  11. Xanadu Mines                           2%
  12. Regulus Resources                     2%
  13. Alderan Resources                     2%
  14. Western Copper & Gold           2%
  15. Panoro Minerals                        1%
  16. Los Andes Copper                     1%
  17. Peel Mining                               1%
  18. Highlands Pacific                       1%

 

Zinc Subsector (16% of overall IMJI™)

Initial holdings as of January 2, 2018:

  1. Arizona Mining                        62%
  2. Tinka Resources                       10%
  3. Heron Resources                        8%
  4. Red River Resources                   7%
  5. Aquila Resources                        4%
  6. Karmin Exploration                    4%
  7. Foran Mining                              3%
  8. Canada Zinc Metals                    2%

 

Nickel Subsector (16% of overall IMJI™)

Initial holdings as of January 2, 2018:

  1. Australian Mines                       24%
  2. Ardea Resources                        16%
  3. Panoramic Resources                 16%
  4. Noront Resources                      11%
  5. Jervois Mining                           10%
  6. Horizonte Minerals                    10%
  7. Sama Resources                          7%
  8. RNC Minerals                           6%

 

Lithium Subsector (8% of overall IMJI™)

Initial holdings as of January 2, 2018

  1. Nemaska Lithium                      33%
  2. Lithium Americas                      32%
  3. Kidman Resources                     23%
  4. Millennnial Lithium                  12%      

 

Silver Subsector (6% of overall IMJI™)

Initial holdings as of January 2, 2018:

  1. MAG Silver                              79%
  2. Bear Creek Mining                   13%
  3. Silvercrest Metals                       8%

 

Uranium Subsector (6% of overall IMJI™)

Initial holdings as of January 2, 2018:

  1. NexGen Energy                           59%
  2. Fission Uranium                          21%
  3. Denison Mines                            20%

 

Other Subsector (12% of overall IMJI™))

Initial holdings as of January 2, 2018:

coming soon ...